COLUMBUS (March 22, 2019) – The Elite Eight of Division II Women’s Basketball will arrive in Columbus this week to crown a national champion at the 2019 NCAA Division II Women’s Elite Eight, Final Four, and National Championship.
Alumni Hall in Columbus, Ohio will welcome the teams and their fans March 26, 27 and 29. Ohio Dominican University and the Greater Columbus Sports Commission will serve as hosts. Tickets are on sale now for all three rounds at https://www.columbussports.org/event/ncaa-division-ii-womens-basketball-elite-eight/60862/
The Women's Basketball Committee re-seeded the eight regional champions after regional competition whittled the field from 64 to eight. The national quarterfinal games at Ohio Dominican will take place on March 26 and will feature:
- Indiana (PA) vs. Azusa Pacific at noon
- Southwestern Oklahoma State vs. Saint Anselm at 2:30 p.m.
- Drury vs. Nova Southeastern at 6 p.m.
- North Georgia vs. Lubbock Christian at 8:30 p.m.
Semifinals are Wednesday, March 27 at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.; and the championship game will be Friday, March 29 at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the Elite Eight games online at ncaa.com. CBS Sports Network will broadcast the semifinal games and championship game.
Media interested in covering the national quarterfinal, semifinal and championship rounds can request credentials at https://clients.sportssystems.com/clients/ncaa/winter-media/.
This is the third time in seven years Columbus, the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, and Ohio Dominican earned the right to host this NCAA championship. It’s the fourth consecutive year Columbus hosted a NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship event.
- Capital University hosted the 2016 NCAA Division III Women’s Basketball national semifinals.
- Ohio Dominican hosted the 2017 NCAA Division III Women’s Basketball Elite Eight, Final Four, and National Championship.
- The Ohio State University hosted the 2018 NCAA Women’s Final Four at Nationwide Arena.
No American city has hosted three consecutive NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship events.