About the Greater Columbus Sports Commission
600+ Events | $625M in Visitor Spending | 20+ Years
We are the Greater Columbus Sports Commission. You are probably here because you might be wondering what a sports commission is and what we do.
What We Do:
• We rally Columbus to bid on and win sporting events
• Work collaboratively to promote the events once they’ve chosen Columbus
• Provide top tier experiences for the participants that compete here and fans that come to see them
Why We Do It:
• Enhance the image of the city
• Enrich the quality of life for everyone that lives and works in central Ohio
• Drive economic and social development through sports
• Nearly 600 new events booked
• $625M in visitor spending
• 45 different sports hosted
• 2021 NCAA DI Volleyball Championship
• 2018 NCAA Women’s Final Four
• 2015 NHL All-Star Game
• 2013 President's Cup
- Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships | January 22-28, 2024 | Tickets
- MLS All-Star Game | July 2024 | Announcement
- U.S. Senior Open | June-July 2026
- NCAA Women's Final Four | April 2027 | Sign up to be first to know
Head here for a full list of events on the schedule.
The Greater Columbus Sports Commission champions diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization, industry, and community. Valuing all voices, unique experiences and diverse perspectives is exemplified in everything we do. We empower our team to be their authentic selves and are committed to using our collective voice to drive transformational change.
The Greater Columbus Sports Commission is an LLC of Experience Columbus, a 501(c)(6), and also oversees the Greater Columbus Sports Foundation, a 501(c)(3), and operates with its own board of commissioners, budget, brand, office, web and media presence, fundraising and other elements.