We are the Greater Columbus Sports Commission. You are probably here because you might be wondering what a sport commission is and what do we do.
What we do:
• We rally Columbus to bid on and win sporting events
• Work collaboratively to promote the events once they’ve chosen Columbus
• Provide top tier experiences for the participants that compete here and fans that come to see them
Why we do it:
• Enhance the image of the city
• Enrich the quality of life for everyone that lives and works in central Ohio
• Drive economic and social development through sports
• Nearly 600 new events booked
• $625M in visitor spending
• 45 different sports hosted
• 2021 NCAA DI Volleyball Championship
• 2018 NCAA Women’s Final Four
• 2015 NHL All-Star Game
• 2013 President's Cup
In June 2022, we celebrated 20 years of bringing sports events, fans and participants to Columbus. Here's a look back at the last two decades with help from our friends at FOX28, ABC6 and the CW.
Our staff is supported by our Board of Commissioners which is comprised of business leaders from the community.
More From Us
Sign up for the On the Sidelines newsletter to keep your finger on the pulse of sports in Columbus. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for a peek behind the scenes.
The Greater Columbus Sports Commission is an LLC of Experience Columbus, a 501(c)(6), and also oversees the Greater Columbus Sports Foundation, a 501(c)(3), and operates with its own board of commissioners, budget, brand, office, web and media presence, fundraising and other elements.