Employment & Internships
There are no available openings at this time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: An intern has been selected for the Fall/Winter internship. Please check back for directions to apply for our Spring/Summer internship at the end of the semester.
Length of Internship: Internships are scheduled in conjunction with school semesters.
GCSC interns will be required to work 10-15 hours per week with flexible scheduling possible. GCSC interns will have the opportunity to work with staff members in all areas of the organization on a variety of tasks, projects and events throughout their internship. These areas include sales, marketing and promotions, event management, communications and strategic research. The internship experience depends upon the current GCSC projects and sporting events taking place in the Greater Columbus region.
All candidates must have his/her own transportation and a valid driver’s license. Internships with the Greater Columbus Sports Commission are unpaid and for academic credit only.
A sampling of tasks/projects includes:
- Assisting with the bid process for future sporting events
- Assisting the sales manager with various sales tasks such as hotel leads
- Working directly with internal and external events via supply distribution, assisting with promotional activities, volunteer recruitment and administration, etc.
- Garnering community support through procurement of promotional items
- Assisting with communications projects including website updates, social media content, reports, newsletters, press releases and letters of invitation
- Assisting with office administration projects in accounts payables and accounts receivables, office supply and maintenance along with general office duties and special assignments
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Brenda Carter at:
Greater Columbus Sports Commission
45 Vine Street
Columbus, OH 43215
or email: BCarter@ColumbusSports.org