Employment & Internships
Professional Internship Job Description
Title: Professional Intern
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications and Director of Events
The GCSC professional intern will have the opportunity to work with staff members in all areas of the organization on a variety of tasks, projects and events throughout their internship. These areas include sales, marketing and promotions, event management, communications and strategic research. The internship experience depends upon the current GCSC projects and sporting events taking place in the Greater Columbus region. All candidates must have his/her own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
The GCSC professional intern will be required to work 25 hours per week with flexible scheduling possible. Nights and weekends may be required. The GCSC professional internship is a paid internship and the intern will receive academic credit.
Length of Internship: August– May in conjunction with the student’s academic year.
1. Working directly with internal and external events via supply distribution, assisting with promotional activities, volunteer recruitment and administration, etc.
2. Garnering community support through procurement of promotional items.
3. Assisting with communications projects including website updates, social media content, reports, newsletters, press releases and letters of invitation.
4. Assisting with office administration projects, general office duties and special assignments.
5. Assisting the business development team with various sales tasks.
6. Miscellaneous duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
* Current graduate student in a sports related field preferred.
* Experience in sports or hospitality industry a plus.
* The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation.
Competencies and Skills:
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be reliable and able to maintain a patient, professional and personable manner at all times.
* Excellent time‐management skills and organizational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task and reprioritize as needed.
* Technical skills:
1. Proficient in: Microsoft Office.
2. Strong working knowledge of standard office equipment with the ability to troubleshoot issues.
Please no phone calls
Deadline: July 15
If interested, please visit experiencecolumbus.com. The online application can be submitted by selecting “About Us”, and “Job Opportunities”.