Employment & Internships
Currently, the Greater Columbus Sports Commission is accepting applications from those interested in both the Marketing Manager and Receptionist/Office Manager full-time positions. Click here to apply.
Title: Receptionist/Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Greet visitors, answer and direct inbound calls, respond to questions and maintain reception area. Perform office management duties and administrative support tasks. Interact with Greater Columbus Sports Commission (GCSC) board members, corporate partners, community leaders, clients, hotel personnel, facility managers, vendors, fellow staff members and Experience Columbus staff.
1. Perform receptionist duties:
- Answer phone in a friendly and professional manner
- Greet visitors and clients
- Maintain the orderliness and stock of supplies and literature in the reception area
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
2. Perform office management duties:
- General office duties
- Process invoices and check requests in a timely manner and maintain copies in binder
- Order and maintain office supplies for the office and staff, including office equipment and kitchen supplies
- Organize and maintain office supply room, storage room and off-site storage
- Maintain USPS meter and ship UPS packages
- Set up orientations for new staff with GCSC and Experience Columbus
- Oversee office maintenance and serve as liaison with Nationwide Realty Investors for building maintenance and utilities
- Serve as liaison with Standard Parking for all parking related issues, including ordering new parking transponders and maintaining website for ticket validation
- Assist all staff with copies, scheduling, shipping and deliveries
- Order and maintain records for inventory, promotional materials and logo wear
3. Perform the following administrative support tasks:
- Assist in completing expense reports for directors and sales managers
- Assist with mass mailings, including the Annual Report mailing
- Coordinate all aspects of in‐house meetings
- Compile monthly staff calendar information
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
- Assist executive assistant and sales assistant with projects as needed
- Assist with internship communications
- Represent GCSC at Central Ohio Civic, charitable and athletic events
Education and Experience:
- 4 year from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-3 years experience as a receptionist/office manager required.
- Experience in sports or hospitality industry a plus.
- The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation.
Competencies and Skills:
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be reliable and able maintain a patient, professional and personable manner at all times.
- Compose and proof correspondence, organize meetings and uphold discrete confidential materials.
- Excellent time‐management skills and organizational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task and re-prioritize as needed.
- Some nights and weekend hours may be required.
- Technical skills:
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge of standard office equipment with the ability to troubleshoot issues.
Click here to apply.
Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the Greater Columbus Sports Commission’s strategic business plan and developing brand-elevating and client-relevant marketing strategies. This position will manage the tactical execution and coordination of the Sports Commission’s marketing objectives, working with all departments including sales/business development, event services and partnership development.
Support the marketing team in the execution of the strategic business plan for the Sports Commission in the following areas:
1. Develop and implement the marketing efforts in support of the sales and events teams:
• Sales/business development: create, evaluate and update promotional materials
o Create marketing plans for event bids
o Create and update sales and marketing materials including display booths and signage, collateral, presentations, bid books, sell sheets and flyers
o Ensure the information and presentation is in alignment with Columbus destination messaging from Experience Columbus
• Event Services: create, evaluate and update collateral
o Coordinate the information and presentation in congruence with Experience Columbus for the destination
• Corporate/Community partnerships: create, evaluate and update the sales materials used
• Support the Website/Graphic Design Manager on the content development of the website, microsites and design elements of social media platforms for the organization and hosted events
• Assist Director of Marketing and Communications on creating an organizational strategic marketing plan
2. Manage the marketing plan for promoting hosted sporting events:
• Secure alignment with event’s marketing team to create and execute marketing plan
• Working closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships, develop promotional plans that result in maximizing ticket sales and attendance
• Support the event services team with promotional materials for the designated event
3. Manage projects to ensure timeliness and design, editorial and branding quality of all internal/external marketing and communications materials are aligned with Sports Commission brand:
• Support the development of the GCSC annual report, mid-year and end of year report, board reports, award entries, email blasts and other marketing and communication pieces, both internal and external
• Manage advertising content – placement, creation and production of all collateral and promotional materials, including print and digital
• Assist with the management of the image library – aggressively seek new images and ensure library is up-to-date; fulfill requests for photos, videos and logos.
• Edit content across the organization, as needed, with strict adherence to our brand standards
4. Develop relationships on behalf of the Sports Commission:
• Be an active participant and work closely with the Experience Columbus marketing team to ensure consistency and limit duplicity of marketing efforts
• Seek, manage and grow mutually beneficial relationships with key external partners including marketing agencies and other relevant, brand-elevating properties
• Represent the Sports Commission in the city-wide image campaign to ensure consistency with the “US” brand, guidelines, and deliverables
• Represent GCSC on special interest committees and boards.
• Represent GCSC at Central Ohio civic, charitable and athletic events, as needed.
• Manage or assist with special projects (e.g. videos, new programs, holiday card, etc.).
Education and Experience:
• Four year degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in marketing management required.
• The organization requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation.
Competencies and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Resourceful; creative problem solver; detail-oriented; highly organized; strong editing skills.
• Must be comfortable crafting well-structured, solid strategic marketing plans with qualitative and quantitative ROI.
• Technical savvy:
o Proficient in Microsoft Office
o Proficient and active user of multiple social media platforms
o Experience in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
o Experience with online applications
o Proficient in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr.
• Must be an enthusiastic team player willing to work evenings and weekends at events. Some travel may be required.
• Ability and comfort level to interact with clients, board members, hotel personnel, facility managers and vendors.
Click here to apply.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.