Employment & Internships
Greater Columbus Sports Commission Employment Opportunities
There are no available openings at this time.
Greater Columbus Sports Commission Internship Opportunities
APPLICATION DEADLINE | Summer Internship: April 18, 2014
Length of Internship: May 2014 – August 2014 in conjunction with Summer semester.
GCSC interns will be required to work 10-15 hours per week with flexible scheduling possible.
GCSC interns will have the opportunity to work with staff members in all areas of the organization on a variety of tasks, projects and events throughout their internship. These areas include sales, marketing and promotions, event management, communications and strategic research. The internship experience depends upon the current GCSC projects and sporting events taking place in the Greater Columbus region.
All candidates must have his/her own transportation and a valid driver’s license. Internships with the Greater Columbus Sports Commission are unpaid and for academic credit only.
A sampling of tasks/projects includes:
- Working directly with internal and external events via supply distribution, assisting with promotional activities, volunteer recruitment and administration, etc.
- Garnering community support through procurement of promotional items
- Assisting with communications projects including website updates, social media content, reports, newsletters, press releases and letters of invitation
- Assisting with office administration projects, general office duties and special assignments
- Assisting the sales team with various sales tasks
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Brenda Carter at:
Greater Columbus Sports Commission
45 Vine Street
Columbus, OH 43215
or email: BCarter@ColumbusSports.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Greater Columbus Sports Commission is an equal opportunity employer.