Employment & Internships
Greater Columbus Sports Commission – Full-time Opportunity
There are no full-time postings right now.
Greater Columbus Sports Commission - Winter/Spring Internship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2015
Length of Internship: mid-February 2015 – May 2015 in conjunction with the spring semester.
GCSC interns will be required to work 10 – 15 hours per week with flexible scheduling possible.
GCSC interns will have the opportunity to work with staff members in all areas of the organization on a variety of tasks, projects and events throughout their internship. These areas include sales, marketing and promotions, event management, communications and strategic research. The internship experience depends upon the current GCSC projects and sporting events taking place in the Greater Columbus region.
All candidates must have his/her own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
A sampling of tasks/projects includes:
- Working directly with internal and external events via supply distribution, assisting with promotional activities, volunteer recruitment and administration, etc.
- Garnering community support through procurement of promotional items
- Assisting with communications projects including website updates, social media content, reports, newsletters, press releases and letters of invitation
- Assisting with office administration projects, general office duties and special assignments
- Assisting the sales team with various sales tasks
Internships with the Greater Columbus Sports Commission are unpaid and for academic credit only.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Brenda Carter at:
Greater Columbus Sports Commission
155 W. Nationwide Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43215
No Phone Calls Please