Employment & Internships
This position is full-time and currently accepting applications. If interested, please apply here. No emails.
This position supports the Events team including the Director of Events and Events Manager. Assist with all aspects of event management processes. Provide excellent customer service and operations support to select sports events in the Columbus community in which the Greater Columbus Sports Commission is involved. Interact with Greater Columbus Sports Commission current and potential event clients, along with the organization’s partners. Must be comfortable interacting with clients, hotel personnel, facility managers, vendors, fellow staff members and volunteers.
1. Assist with implementing services for events as determined by the Events Manager:
- Assist with fulfillment of servicing and promotional support requirements
- Coordinate welcome programs, signage, street pole banners, and onsite services
- Utilize the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, Experience Columbus, and local community resources to fulfill needs of rights holder
- Use Simpleview CRM database for the event management process and document progress in a timely manner.
- Assist with meeting the needs of each event, track recurring business to service the groups, record attendance of each event, and initiate post event surveys and reports
- Assist the setup and distribution of information at event welcome tables
2. Lead areas of Events Department support:
- Assist with the organization’s monthly Sports Alert, in conjunction with Experience Columbus, that is emailed to hotels, restaurants, and local businesses
- Coordinate all aspects of in-house and client meetings; including agenda preparation, room set-up, packet preparation and updating notes in the database.
- Assist in reviewing the organization’s website content including the calendar of events
- Enter select Columbus owned and hosted events on discoverohio.com
- Ensure that the GCSC’s calendar of events remains connected to Experience Columbus’ calendar of events and emails
- Distribute information directly to local hospitality community to educate them on sporting events coming to Columbus
3. Lead coordination and organization of Events Department supplies and inventory:
- Assist with management of inventory of Columbus collateral in the storage rooms
- Track all in-kind donations to events to maintain a base supply of collateral items
- Assist with ordering and replenishing of collateral and promotional item
- Coordinate organization of the Events’ off-site storage unit
- Coordinate revenue opportunities, through selling of pole banners and management of signage inventory
4. Assist with the GCSC Street Teams, OHSAA Ambassadors and Volunteer Programs:
- Assist in the promotion of volunteer opportunities throughout the community
- Assist the Events Manager in managing the volunteer website for GCSC sporting events
- Engage and educate event rights holders on the GCSC volunteer program
- Coordinate plan for recruitment, training, and deployment of Street Teams
- Assist with recruitment and training for the GCSC internship and Sports VIRS programs
- Assist with Event Marketing activations
- Participate on Local Organizing Committees, as needed
- Attend and speak at community district meetings to educate local businesses on Greater Columbus Sports Commission business initiatives and objectives
- Participate in member events, in conjunction with Experience Columbus
- Support event needs for GCSC owned events, including The Morning Sports Report and The Women’s Sports Report
- Attend client, GCSC and Experience Columbus functions as requested
- Provide phone coverage backup in the absence of the office manager
- Participate in other projects as needed
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.