The Columbus Recreation & Park Department’s Berliner Sports Park is currently the nation’s largest softball complex featuring lighted and non-lighted ball diamonds. The park includes the indoor Berliner Athletic Complex, as well as general athletic fields for other events.
The park is not only for organized sporting events. Berliner Park also includes greenway trail access, a playground, picnicking, a shelter, and a woods and wildlife area. The park also has ample parking.
Space: 209 acres
Outdoor: 31 diamonds (skinned infields, clay/sand mix); 11 lighted; 12 fenced at 300 ft.
Seating: Permanent bleacher seating for 2,600; portable seating available
Indoor: Four basketball and volleyball courts at Berliner Athletic Complex
Additional Rooms: Batting cages, picnic pavilions, children’s playgrounds, football fields, walking trails
Additional Services: Electronic sign and message board, advertising, concessions
Berliner Sports Park has hosted various tournaments and community events including:
- various USSSA, NSA, and ASA softball tournaments
- National Softball Association Girls Fast Pitch World Series
- Christopher Columbus Softball Tournament
- Senior Nationals Softball
- Ohio Rugby Classic
- Ohio Firefighters Tournament
- Wheaties Whalen Cancer Tournament
- March of Dimes Midnight Madness Tournament
- Ohio State Hospital tournaments
- NAGAAA 2010 Gay Softball World Series
Berliner Sports Park’s batting cages, picnic pavilions, children’s playgrounds and indoor Berliner Athletic Complex provide additional convenience for your event.