Wow! Another awesome The Morning Sports Report!
Attendees of The Morning Sports Report got to hear…
- Sports Commission Executive Director Linda Logan and Board Chair Brian Ellis highlight achievements of 2013 and future successes including the upcoming nine NCAA championships awarded to Columbus;
- The Ohio State University’s Gene Smith share what we should expect from the Buckeyes in 2014 and 2015 and we got to celebrate repeat NCAA champions Logan Stieber (OSU wrestler) and Claire Bodie and Catherine Shields (OSU rowing team captains);
- Columbus Clippers’ Ken Schnacke, Columbus Crew’s Gregg Berhalter and the Memorial Tournament’s Dan Sullivan shared their perspective on the Columbus sports scene and the impact sports have on our community;
- Darris Blackford, of the the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon and Half Marathon, announced a new race route and David Babner, of the Capital City Half Marathon, introduced OhioHealth as their new title sponsor;
- OHSAA’s Assistant Commissioner Beau Rugg talked about all 20 OHSAA state championships hosted in Columbus and shared his excitement for the Football State Championships returning to Ohio Stadium in 2014 and 2015;
- Former Buckeye football greats Paul Warfield, Bobby Hoying and Chris “Beanie” Wells shared how special Ohio high school football is and what it will mean to the student-athletes playing in Ohio Stadium;
- Blue Jackets players Brandon Dubinsky, Boone Jenner and Jack Johnson talked about last season’s playoff run and expectations for next season;
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations/Alternate Governor John Davidson talk about the state of the game and what Columbus can expect from the upcoming All-Star festivities this winter.
Check back for media, photos and a highlight videos coming soon and don’t forget to use your tickets receive in the sports ticket package!
For those of you who attended The Morning Sports Report and elected to keep your sports tickets package, here is a list of events including details of how to redeem vouchers.
WBNS 10TV – 1 Ticket
The WBNS 10TV Health & Fitness Expo will be held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Hall D on August 16 & 17, 2014 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Visit 10TV.com for more information. Ticket admits one guest.
Columbus Clippers – 2 Tickets
Attendees of The Morning Sports Report received two (2) tickets to one (1) of the three (3) following Columbus Clippers games:
Columbus Clippers vs. Toledo Mud Hens at Huntington Park on Tuesday, August 19 at 7:05 p.m.
Columbus Clippers vs. Indianapolis Indians at Huntington Park on Sunday, August 24 at 6:05 p.m.
Columbus Clippers vs. Toledo Mud Hens at Huntington Park on Sunday, August 31 at 6:05 p.m.
Columbus Crew vs. Chivas USA – 1 Ticket Voucher
Each voucher good for two (2) complimentary Crew tickets - Sunday, September 7 at Crew Stadium at 3:00 p.m.
Redeem by visiting thecrew.com/sportsreport and enter the promo code 2750. Not valid day of game. No cash value. Must be redeemed online. Promo code expires September 6 at 5 p.m. Promo code only valid once.
Nationwide Children’s Championships – 2 Tickets
A One Day Pass to attend the Nationwide Children’s Championship at The Ohio State University Golf Club and Scarlet Course.
Visit NCC-GOLF.com for more information. Ticket admits one guest.
Columbus Blue Jackets – 1 Ticket Voucher
The Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena is located at the corner of Nationwide Blvd. and John H. McConnell Blvd. at the southwest corner of the arena. Voucher is not valid for admission. Expires at the conclusion of the Blue Jackets 2014 Pre-season schedule.
The Ohio State University Men’s Ice Hockey – 1 Ticket Voucher
Each voucher valid for two (2) free tickets to any October or November 2014 home game – Visit ohiostatebuckeyes.com for schedule information.
Original voucher must be exchanged in person at the Athletics Ticket Office on or after Oct. 1, 2014. Additional tickets may be purchased at full price. Seating based on availability at time of exchange. Game dates/times subject to change.
The Ohio State University Women’s Basketball – 1 Ticket Voucher
Each voucher valid for two (2) free tickets to any November or December 2014 home game -Visit ohiostatebuckeyes.com for schedule information.
Original voucher must be exchanged in person at the Athletics Ticket Office on or after Nov. 1, 2014. Additional tickets may be purchased at full price. Seating based on availability at time of exchange. Game dates/times subject to change.
2015 Arnold Fitness Expo – 1 Ticket
Greater Columbus Convention Center – March 5-8
2015 OHSAA Ice Hockey State Championship Tournament – 1 Ticket Voucher
Each voucher valid for two (2) free tickets to any single session March 12 – 15, 2015
Special thanks to these local sports teams and organizations for generously providing tickets/vouchers to their events for guests of The Morning Sports Report!