Events held in Columbus are guaranteed to have an exceptional experience. The Greater Columbus Sports Commission staff works closely with each event to develop a comprehensive service plan. From providing full operational support before, during, and after the event to maximizing publicity through an effective promotional plan, we are here to make sure your event is a success. Services may include educating the local community and hospitality industry about your event, providing signage and banners to welcome fans and participants, and making sure all visitors have detailed information on things to see and do while in Columbus customized to the interests of your group and the dates you are visiting.
We are able to work with many different hotels, which include over 25,000 rooms citywide; in an effort to make sure your accommodations are suitable for your needs. Additionally, we can track hotel room nights generated and, in some situations, provide an information booth with a welcome ambassador to relay information and brochures about the Columbus community.
- Secure room blocks from area hotels
- Track hotel room nights generated
- Assist with transportation to and from hotel
- Set-up information booths, staffed by Ambassadors, to relay information about the local Columbus community
Our event management experience allows event planners to feel comfortable in the decisions they make. If an event is interested in Columbus, we will be right there for all necessary site visits, inspections, and venue related questions. Once committed to Columbus, we can provide full logistical support, including transportation, participant meals, and hospitality initiatives. There are opportunities for us to also assist with ticketing and volunteer recruitment.
- Venue & facility selection
- Site visits and inspections
- Full-service logistical support
- Participant meals
- Hospitality Opportunities
- Volunteer Recruitment
One of the most valuable assets an event can have is the existence of a successful marketing plan. We are able to provide numerous outlets of promotional support, through the use of social media, website banners, and traditional signage via welcome posters and banners.
- Social Media
- Promote your event
- Promotional and Web Services
- Provide visitor guides, community maps, and VIP coupons
- Columbus and District Maps
We aim to provide a strong combination of marketing and communications plans. We are able to provide media and publicity consultations towards assisting sports events with press releases, media advisories for press events and support in gaining coverage.
- Press Releases
- Media List
- Welcome Letters from City Officials
- Columbus Promotional text and logos
- Columbus Photos and Videos