Urban Meyer, Clark Kellogg, Kirk Herbstreit, Eddie George and Chris Spielman to Headline The Morning Sports ReportMay 09
The Morning Sports Report presented by Marathon will be held on Tuesday, June 25 from 7-9:15 a.m. at The Ohio Union – Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom at The Ohio State University. The breakfast event is the Greater Columbus Sports Commission’s annual sports town hall meeting that provides fans an inside look at Central Ohio’s sports teams, notable sports figures and upcoming events.
Along with a first-time appearance by Ohio State Head Football Coach Urban Meyer, the sports commission will bring together former Buckeyes and national sports broadcasters Clark Kellogg, Kirk Herbstreit, Eddie George and Chris Spielman as a keynote panel for The Morning Sports Report. The panel will provide insight into their broadcasting careers after playing for the Buckeyes and what it has taken to become some of the best in their profession.
Meyer along with OSU Athletics Director Gene Smith will provide a sports outlook for several sports during the 2013-2014 academic year, including a preview of the football team coming of an undefeated 12-0 season. The breakfast will also feature interviews with:
- Columbus Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations John Davidson
- Columbus Clippers President and General Manager Ken Schnacke
- Columbus Crew President and General Manager Mark McCullers
- Ohio Machine President John Algie
- the Memorial Tournament Executive Director Dan Sullivan
The Morning Sports Report, one of Columbus’s signature sports community events, also will feature:
- The opportunity to be up close and personal with local sports celebrities in attendance
- Live sports interviews that cannot be heard anywhere else on the FIFA World Cup Qualifier between the U.S. and Mexico in September at Crew Stadium, The Presidents Cup, the USA Fencing National Championships, Bowling’s U.S. Open and more
- “Columbus Sports” Fan Fair with mascots, booths and activities before and after the breakfast
- Free “Columbus Sports” ticket package for each attendee donated by the city’s teams and sports organizations
Ticket options for the 2013 The Morning Sports Report include the following: tables, VIP tables, individual tickets and VIP tickets. Each option can be purchased here.